Wednesday 6 July 2016

"WHY IS BABYLON SO IMPORTANT IN THE END OF DAYS SCENARIO BEFORE JESUS RETURNS" BY NEVILLE STEPHENS!

Dear Friends,
This article is borne out of an on-going discussion on this blog between myself and a Keyboard Warrior I have named “Keith”, as he prefers to remain anonymous. He tells me very little about himself but is always full of questions about me and my Biblical beliefs. His latest question was on the 5th of July and was:
“Nev, 
If the rapture happened tomorrow (which it MOST definitely WON'T!-I CAN absolutely guarantee it!-I have the testimony of Scripture to support what I KNOW to be the truth) then, using our human 'logic' we would have to suppose that Babylon has a MAXIMUM of 1260 days to establish herself as a great future trading nation! But of course, this is no problem to those who would have us believe that Babylon is in fact not Babylon, but Rome! (Not that Rome could have ever fulfilled Rev 17 & 18!).
Now, obviously, I am NOT going to go down the road of insults, as per your current debacle with Andrew Kelly, and others; but Babylon CANNOT be built "post rapture", because that would clearly and unequivocally put Revelation 17 & 18 in the millennial thousand year reign of Christ! The Scripture CLEARLY says that Babylon is NOT post-rapture, for "After these things" (Revelation 19.1) God in Christ is about to serve the "marriage supper of the Lamb"!!! (Revelation 19.9).

I would NEVER call Pastor Farag "inspirational" most certainly not! He says many good things, that is all. As a man that is supposed to be firmly rooted in Scripture and eschatology in particular, may I ask you-do you believe that Rome is Babylon, or Babylon is Babylon?
Blessings.
KW”.
My longish reply (which originally was in three parts) I have expanded even further to flesh out even more into “this article” on why BABYLON is so important in These End Times, and must not be “spiritualised” away to read Rome or New York, as many so-called Bible Prophecy buffs do:

“So you want us both to keep on going around in never ending circles do you Keith (as our discussions and debates seemed to be never ending, and in reality we have very little common in our Scriptural stances on The Last Days)?


What does it matter what I believe? It is not going to effect your doctrinal stance or your walk with Jesus, is it?
And anyway, how about letting me know exactly where you stand in all of this instead of you asking me questions all of the time?

But I will try to answer some of your queries, but please do not pigeon hole me into any set format of beliefs, for I am very much my own man, and as such I am bit of a loose canon on these type of issues.That is why I resigned from the PWMI and the BPF because I did not tow their party line which they wanted me to do!!

Yes I believe that Babylon means Babylon, as I am a literalist wherever possible. I do not believe it is Rome or New York, or any other capital city as many prophecy buffs like to propagate with their "spiritualisation" approach to th
e Scriptures rather than the literal approach.

But I am not sure where you get the MAXIMUM of 1260 days from? You obviously think that I believe there are 1260 days from The Rapture to the setting up of The Millennial Kingdom??? If so, the answer is NO, I do not believe this scenario.

Babylon of course, derives from Babel and the first Antichrist, namely Nimrod. This has been one of Satan's major dwelling places ever since, and will be again in the future with his REAL man, the REAL ANTICHRIST, who will come from Babylon.

Here is a little history lesson for you: "The Biblical story of the Tower of Babel is the record of a real historical event that took place after the worldwide Flood in the time of Noah, at a time when the earth’s population still lived together in one place.

The enduring archaeological question, therefore, is where the Tower of Babel was built. It is widely considered that Shinar, where the Bible says the Babel event took place, was a territory in south Mesopotamia; and that Babel was located at Babylon.

However, an analysis of history, geography, and geology, shows that Shinar cannot have been in the south, but rather was a territory in what is northeastern Syria today; and that the remnants of the Tower must be located in the Upper Khabur River triangle, not far from Tell Brak, which is the missing city of Akkad".

I am of the persuasion that when THE ANTICHRIST comes he will be "THE ASSYRIAN" as he is titled in several OT passages. The two most powerful and incessant enemies of Israel in the OT were The Babylonians and The Assyrians, and the major end time prophesies seem to my mind, to centre of these former powerful empires (but revived) and not of Rome or any other European capital or country!
THE FACE OF THE ANTICHRIST???
FULL ARTICLE AT: http://nevswatchers.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/why-is-babylon-so-important-in-end-of_6.html

No comments:

Post a Comment