Tuesday 18 April 2023

"The Ark of the Covenant is the Lord" by Tricia Tillin

 The Ark of the Covenant is the Lord


I was recently thinking about the existence and appearance of the Lord before his earthly incarnation and this has long been a puzzle to me.

It’s not that I doubt his previous existence because many scriptures confirm it, including the words of Jesus himself: “Before Abraham was, I AM” (John 8:58) But in what form did he exist and what happened when God the Son was born as a human being – was he still existent in the heavenlies or not?

I’m not going to tackle those questions. But one thing has become clear to me, involving the Ark of the Covenant.

Moses and Joshua bowing before the Ark (c. 1900) by James Tissot

The Power of God and the Ark

I was led to see that, in the form of an pre-incarnate metaphor, the Ark was a kind of physical and worldly ‘container’ for the Spirit of the Lord, in a similar way to the flesh and blood ‘container’, the body of Jesus after his birth.

FULL ARTICLE AT: https://bannerministries.wordpress.com/2023/04/17/the-ark-of-the-covenant-is-the-lord/

No comments:

Post a Comment