Sunday 13 October 2013

AN INTRIGUING STORY FROM "THE GUARDIAN" ON HITLER'S RELATIVE CONVERTING TO JUDAISM AND NOW LIVING IN ISRAEL!!!

Hitler’s Nephew’s Grandson Converted to Judaism and Living in Israel

Here is an intriguing story in the Guardian website by Tanya Gold from a few years back that I have just found. I have to admit that I am not sure what to think or feel about it yet. Initially I am kind of happy that it is one on the eye of Hitler and his followers. On the other hand, suspicious, why should they live in Israel and survivors have to face them. Then again why should relatives pay the price for the evil of their relatives. I am a bit irritated that some would consider him/them ‘more’ Jewish than Jewish-born Messianic Jews! Anyway that is not really the point of the article, just my own initial reactions to it. I am not inviting comments from trolls attacking Messianic Jews, such comments will just be deleted, but just your own reaction to this story of Hitler’s nephew who heads/ed a Jewish studies department at one of Israel’s leading universities, the conversion to Judaism of Katrin Himmler, great-niece of SS Commander Heinreich Himmler and the hundreds of Nazi descendants who have converted to Judaism and live in Israel.

The sins of their fathers

A relative of Hitler is now Jewish and living in Israel. So is the son of a Waffen-SS man. Tanya Gold talks to the descendants of Nazis who have embraced Judaism
Two years ago I read a strange little story in an obscure American magazine for Orthodox Jews, claiming that a descendant of Adolf Hitler had converted to Judaism and was living in Israel. I had heard rumours in Jewish circles for years about “the penitents” – children of Nazis who become Jews to try to expiate the sins of their fathers. Could it be true? I dug further and discovered that a man with a family connection to Hitler does indeed live in Israel as an Orthodox Jew. Virtually unnoticed in the English-speaking world, he was exposed seven years ago in an Israeli tabloid. Then he sank from sight. I went to Israel to meet him – and on the way I was plunged into the strange subculture of the Nazi-descended Jews.
Read full story here

No comments:

Post a Comment