Wednesday 19 November 2014

"GOD IS IN CONTROL" BY GERI UNGUREAN FROM "RAPTURE READY".

God Is in Control
By Geri Ungurean

I have to catch myself frequently, thinking that I have some measure of control over things happening around me. Recently, I have found myself very stressed out concerning family problems. A good friend and sister in Christ, pointed me back to Scripture during one of these times. 
I love when God does that! Often, He will use His people to guide His children back to His Word. These are true brothers and sisters in Christ—the ones who tell us truth, and lead us back to the source of all truth, the Word of God. Where else can we go?
All of Psalm 139 would be so applicable here, but I've chosen this passage:
"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me" (Psalm 139:7-10).
But I need to remember this. I need to immediately run to Him, knowing that He is in control of everything single thing that happens. He causes some things, and allowsother things to happen.  Nonetheless, HE is ultimately in full control.
God is sovereign. That is another way of saying that He controls everything. No one can stop the will of God. This should bring us great comfort. It should make us understand that since He is in complete control, and He is our Father, that we can completely trust Him to care for us.
"The Lord of hosts has sworn, saying, 'Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass, and as I have purposed, so it shall stand'" (Isaiah 14:24).
Can you imagine if we served a God who did not know what the future held for us? What if He was vulnerable to Satan's attacks? It is glorious to know that our God is the one true God, and that He NEVER changes. He spoke the heavens and the earth into existence. He formed each one of us in the wombs of our mothers, and knew us before the foundation of the earth was even laid.
Remember when our Lord summoned Peter to come out on the water with Him? 
"Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, 'It is a ghost!' And they cried out for fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid.' And Peter answered Him and said, 'Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.' So He said, 'Come.' And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 
But when he saw that the wind was boisterous he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, 'Lord, save me!' And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, 'O you of little faith, why did you doubt?' And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, 'Truly You are the Son of God'" (Matthew 14:25-33).
As long as Peter kept his eyes on the Lord, he was fine. As soon as he looked around, and saw the violent wind, he began to sink. The Lord then extended His hand to him and led him into the boat. The wind stopped. All were astounded that even the wind obeyed Him!  They saw that Jesus was in control, even of nature! EVERYTHING was under His control.
So, why do we continue to fret and become anxious? We are still in this flesh. As Paul said, we are constantly in conflict; the flesh warring against the spirit.  
"I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.  For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?  I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord."  (Romans 7:21-25, emphasis added)
New Creations in Christ
The Bible says that we are new creations:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
When we were redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ, we have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God. We are no longer slaves to sin. We are free to serve our Savior. 
Satan
Satan's playground is our minds. He whispers lies to us. His favorite opening line is, "Did God really say...?"  
I remember as a brand new Christian how the devil would remind me of the things I had done, and the person I was before I was saved. A sister in Christ reminded me of this Scripture:
"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,  casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 4-5).
I would actually say out loud "I will not receive that thought! It is not from God, and I cast it away from my mind." 
Job
One of the most important things about this book in the Bible, is that Satan approached God about Job. He needed permission to do anything to Job. 
And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" (God knew from where.)
"So Satan answered the Lord and said, 'From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.'
Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?'" (Job 1:7-8).
Our Lord knew that Satan roamed the earth, seeking whom he could devour. That is why God asked Satan if he had considered Job. The Lord knew Job, and knew that his devotion to Him was not based on possessions and blessings. It was based on Job's reverence for Him.
But Satan had to ask permission from God.  This is so important for us to know. Satan cannot touch us unless the Lord allows it. The book of Job is an important book on so many levels. We can glean numerous truths from it; the most important being God is in control!
In the middle of your storm, whatever it may be, get alone with the Lord. Read His Word daily. Confess your sins to Him (He already knows them). Ask Him to take your hand as He did to Peter on the water. Focus on HIM. Everything else in your life will pale compared to your relationship with your Heavenly Father. His peace is like no other peace.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).
I love the words of this timeless hymn:
"Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.  
MARANATHA!
Blessings in Yeshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment