Monday 28 April 2014

MORE FALSE PROPHETS AND FALSE MESSIAHS HERE, AND ON THE WAY!

New post on Study - Grow - Know

More False Prophets and False Messiahs Here and on the Way

by modres
The last few articles I've written related to Steve Fletcher's made me realize that there is a responsibility to call out things taught by people who claim to be Christian, yet don't appear to square with God's Word. Yes, I realize that statement may seem arrogant, but in reality, I mean it to be more of "iron sharpening iron."
I firmly believe we are in the last part of the last days and as such, Jesus has provided us with dire warnings about what will occur during this time. Paul has echoed that sentiment, as well as Peter and others. In fact, many of the books in the Old Testament are extremely important for Christians today and too often, they are ignored. Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Zechariah, Joel, and many other major and minor prophets offer insight into life during the last times. If we are living in those times, then it stands to reason that we must become immersed in what they teach.
As I've mentioned in my two recent articles about what Steve Fletcher teaches - here and here - the error seems obvious and if that is the case, then all Christians (not just me) have an obligation to point out the error. Steve's obligation is to humbly acknowledge that he may be wrong. So far, he has not done that, but instead has issued dire warnings against me via email.
At one point, Steve asked me: "Is it now your job to worry about how and what everybody else is doing?" My response to that was: "My job - as a Christian - is to spread the Gospel and when error is being promoted by others who call themselves Christian, I have a biblical mandate to call them on it." To that, he responded with: "JOHN THE BAPTIST--- JESUS CHRIST IS THE MESSIAH STEVE FLETCHER - OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST BEHEAD ME."
I think Steve was attempting to say that he is a prophet like John the Baptist and/or as Jesus prophesied and then threw in the part about Obama as the Antichrist and that as John the Baptist was beheaded, Steve Fletcher should be beheaded as well, if he is truly a prophet. It doesn't really make much sense, frankly, but that's as near as I can figure.
But as I say, it got me thinking that there is a preponderance of people today who are "coming out" claiming that they are prophets or messiahs or christs and who should be heard based on their claim. It's not simply Steve Fletcher. Harold Camping suffered from delusions of grandeur as well.
There is another man - Ronald Weinland - who has an interesting story to share. He was part of the Church of God, begun by Herbert W. Armstrong, which was understood to be a cult because of their mix of unorthodox beliefs. Be that as it may, Weinland himself is said to be "the pastor of God's Church on earth, has also been appointed by the God of Abraham as His end-time prophet to foretell most of the final events leading up to Christ's return."
But, that's not all Weinland claims for himself. He's been teaching on the End Times for quite a while and ultimately came out to announce that he was one of the two witnesses mentioned in the book of Revelation chapter 11.Weinland also claims that God anointed him to be a prophet and that the Tribulation itself began officially on December 14, 2008.
Ron Weinland believes that all seven seals have been opened already and the effects of those seals have taken place on the earth. Steve Fletcher doesn't believe this, but believes that a number of seals have not yet occurred, even though he does believe that we are in the Tribulation. Fletcher believes that the Rapture will occur at the 6th Seal. He's still here so apparently, this 6th Seal has not occurred yet.
If we took the time to compare the beliefs of these two individuals (we won't), what we would find are discrepancies in how they think and how they interpret. Yet, both would claim that they are 100% accurate. The problem though is that they cannot both be accurate and in fact, can both be completely WRONG, something neither would admit. It leaves the average person trying to simply figure out who is more correct. Do you know how the average person decides? Not by going to God's Word, but by deciding who is more "truthful."
The only way to determine truth is to compare it to God's holy Word. That's it. We cannot go by the way a person makes us feel. Even Paul said "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!" (Galatians 1:8) This is the same Paul who applauded the Bereans when they heard what he said/taught and immediately went back to the Scriptures to determine if Paul was simply full of hot air or if he was speaking truth (cf. Acts 17.
Yet, neither Steve Fletcher or Ron Weinland will tolerate anyone who has the temerity to disagree with them or question them. Jesus was not like that. Paul was not like that. We are not to be like that, yet it is a sure sign of someone who may not be preaching truth when they frown on the fact that someone questions them.
Because of this, I am going to present a set of articles that will detail the events that lead up to the end of this age. I will do so by presenting numerous aspects of my previously published book titled "Between Weeks" and "Living in the Last Generation." In the meantime, you can download each book completely free of charge by clicking on the links I've just provided then looking for the smaller cover and the PDF icon. You do not need to register. Simply click the cover and the book will begin downloading to your computer.
I will make these multipart articles as clear as I can with illustrations that will help visual learners see what the Word says. I hope to start this series tomorrow, Monday, April 28th. If something isn't clear in my presentation, please let me know. Constructive comments and questions are always welcome. One thing I won't do though is debate people who are already set in their beliefs. It's pointless. If you vehemently disagree with what I'm teaching, that's fine. If you believe I am wrong, that's fine too. Certainly, feel free to mention it, but in a constructive way. I simply don't have the time to respond to sarcasm and pointless debate, okay? I appreciate your considerations.
Remember, ultimately, what I teach here on this blog is something you should always take and compare with God's Word. You are responsible for what you accept as true just as I am responsible for what I teach as truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment