Friday 29 April 2022

THE STORY OF GIRL GUIDE LEADER KATIE ALCOCK WILL MAKE YOU ANGRY AND DESPAIR!

 I was an outcast, shunned like a criminal - just for wanting to keep my Girl Guides safe: We've all read stories of good people cancelled by woke warriors but Guide leader Katie Alcock's ordeal will make you despair

The reaction was so cruelly disproportionate and unjust, Dr Katie Alcock (pictured above) felt like a criminal. 

She was interrogated as if by the 'secret police' then expelled from Girlguiding, an organisation to which she'd devoted ten years of loyal, unpaid service.

Friends shunned her in the street. Some called off her daughter's playdates. Katie, the sort of resourceful, intrepid, independent-minded person we'd entrust with our children's care on outdoorsy adventures long enjoyed by Brownies and Guides, became a social outcast.

'It was as if I'd been embezzling funds,' she says. 'I was afraid to speak to anyone in case I burst into tears. I was expelled from the Girlguiding unit I ran not long before my daughter was due to join it.

'It was really distressing. Other mums who'd put the world to rights with me suddenly blanked me completely and cancelled playdates. I thought: Do they think I'm such an awful person; that I've done something dreadful? 

'I was treated no differently from a child abuser. Yet all I'd done was say that safeguarding children in Girlguiding should come before anything else.'

FULL ARTICLE AT: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10765045/I-outcast-shunned-like-criminal-just-wanting-Girl-Guides-safe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment