Saturday 17 March 2018

THE SEAT OF THE DEVIL FROM REVELATION - WHERE IS IT NOW??

Pergamon - Seat of the Devil, and Where is the New Rome? - By Ronda Lane -
 
Pergamon - Seat of the Devil
 
"I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is..." (Rev.2:13).
 
In the seven letters to the seven churches, we see encouragement given to some churches noted, and yet very strong condemnation given to others. One of the most fear-inspiring phrases is the seat of Satan. How wicked must that place be? I'm loathe to even say (or type) his name; I don't want to give any reverence whatsoever to him, so in most instances I will simply call him 'the devil', except where I'm quoting scripture directly.
 
I've been in many group (and individual) Bible studies and/or conversations pertaining to scripture. Sometimes this topic comes up: Revelation 2:12-16, the letter to the church in Pergamus. Often times people like to play 'pin the tail on the antichrist'. And sometimes they will conclude that they believe the antichrist may come from (what is modern-day) Turkey. But I wonder if they realize that they may be lacking some key historical facts about this scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment